5 Facts About Selling Your House for Cash
Selling Your House for Cash: The Process and 5 Facts You Should Know
So, you’re looking at options for the best way to sell your home? Do you need to know the facts about selling your house for cash? At House Guys USA, we’ve been buying homes for cash for almost a decade now so you’ve come to the right place.
Selling a home for cash is the go-to option for someone whose priorities are speed, convenience, and cost-effectiveness. Here are 5 facts about selling your home for cash:
- The process is quicker than traditional home sales
- Fees and other expenses are limited
- Closing dates are flexible
- One home showing to whoever your cash buyer is
- You don’t need a real estate agent.
If you are unfamiliar with how selling your home for cash works, don’t worry. House Guys USA buys homes for cash in Kansas City and we’re here to help. We’ve gathered everything you need to know in one place!
How the Process Works
You may be familiar with the traditional route of using a real estate agent to sell your home, but do you know about selling your house for cash? Here’s a quick rundown of what it would look like if you sell your home for cash:
- Request an offer from a cash buyer – There’s no staging or showing your home when selling for cash; you go straight to requesting an offer. At this time, you communicate if you are selling as-is or if you are willing to make repairs.
- Your house will be evaluated – The buyer will collect information about the home and will likely send someone to do an inspection.
- Review the contract price and terms – You will review the offer and decide if you want to accept.
- Ask for proof of funds – It’s important to obtain documentation that the cash buyer has the funds for a transaction of this size.
- Inspections (if your cash buyer requires them) – You may still have to go through an inspection and an appraisal depending on who or what company you’re working with and how they operate.
- Closing – Without the involvement of a lender, there is no lender-ordered appraisal or loan processing period. Because of this, when you sell your home for cash, you can close in as little as 7 days.
- Clear title – The cash buyer will require a title search to ensure the property is free of any claims or judgments like unpaid taxes, liens, or boundary encroachments.
- Get paid – The final step is transferring the funds, which means you get paid!
At House Guys USA, we help struggling homeowners get out of tricky situations by purchasing their homes for cash. We’ve created a quick 4-step process. Here’s how it works:
- Fill out our form or call us about your property
- If it meets our buying criteria, we’ll get in touch with you and set up an appointment
- We’ll propose a fair-priced, written offer that’s obligation-free
- We close at a local, reputable title company
It’s that easy. When you work with House Guys USA, we understand you may be in a difficult position. We created a headache-free process to lift some of the weight off your shoulders during a difficult time.
5 Facts You Should Know
Now that you know a little bit about the process of selling your property for cash, let’s dive into 5 important facts you should know.
1. Selling Your Home for Cash is Faster
You can close in as little as 7-10 days when you sell your property for cash. You may be thinking, “How is that possible?”. The answer is that you eliminate a lender in cash sales, which removes all the steps associated with mortgage approval.
2. Fees and Other Expenses Are Limited
Compared to using a real estate agent, selling your home for cash can be cheaper. Although you may not get “top dollar” offers, you can save money with the expenses you eliminate. Here are a few costs you say “goodbye” to when you accept a cash offer:
- Real estate agent fees, usually around 5-6% of your home sale value
- Closing costs that can cost you (seller pay) 2%
- Repairs on your home
- Money spent getting your home ready for showings
3. Flexible Closing Dates
There’s no need to wait 30-60 days for closing. When you sell your home for cash, all you have to do is transfer the funds and legally change the ownership of the property.
4. One Home Showing
Keeping your home show-ready at all times during the traditional selling process can be exhausting. When you sell your house for cash, you will likely have one showing to whoever your cash buyer is.
5. You Can Skip the Real Estate Agent
It’s not necessary to hire a real estate agent when you sell your home for cash, especially when you sell to a house-for-cash company that takes care of everything for you; like House Guys USA.
House Guys USA Proves the Facts
We make it simple when you sell your home to House Guys USA. It’s true that when you work with us, you eliminate all fees, you choose your closing date, you show your home once to us, we take care of everything so you don’t need an agent, and we get it done quickly. Contact us today at 816-892-2132 or email@example.com for your free no-obligation quote.