You might be thinking, “I hate selling my house,” or “selling my house is stressful.” At House Guys, we understand that selling a home is stressful, so we want to make it easy for you. This article will discuss how we can help make the home-selling process quick, easy, and fair.
First, it is important to dive into why selling a house can be stressful for many people.
Why Am I So Stressed About Selling My House?
According to The Washington Post, ninety-five percent of people get stressed at some point during the house-selling process. The aspect that creates the most stress for home sellers is a lack of control over the process. Sellers may get stressed when trying to determine if the home will sell within the time frame they want it to or how much it will sell for. They also might worry about whether an offer will fall through or if they must make repairs. Some concerns differentiate between first-time sellers and repeat sellers. For example, first-time sellers might need help finding a reasonable interest rate on the new home they will buy while selling their house with a low-interest rate mortgage.
How Do I Survive Selling My House?
According to Home Light, there are eleven things you can do to ease the stress of selling your home:
- An online cash offer- Instead of going through the traditional process of selling a home, you can let a cash buyer take the home with no mortgage or other financials required, like House Guys!
- Contact an agent ninety days before listing- Doing this can allow the real estate agent to walk through the home to see what improvements are needed and then help schedule times to go through with those improvements.
- Find a top-rated agent online- Review free statistics about different agents to see which ones are the most trustworthy and fit your personal needs.
- Reduce clutter- You could remove any unnecessary items in the home or contact organizers to come in and help reorganize your home.
- Refresh (do not renovate) your home- Instead of doing expensive renovations, do cheaper ones to give the home a bit of a better appearance. For example, you could update light fixtures, deep clean, improve curb appeal, etc.
- Communicate comfort levels in pandemic times- COVID has changed the course of the house-selling process. There are now remote showings, virtual open houses, and 3D walkthroughs. If you are comfortable with in-person showings, you could provide masks, hand sanitizer, and shoe covers.
- Create a system for low-stress showings- One of the best ways to go about this is to maintain a clean home throughout the listing period.
- Be prepared for a fast or slow sale- It’s vital to research the current market and make price adjustments.
- Practice self-care- Do some of your favorite stress-relieving activities to relax and clear your mind.
- Access free expert advice- The internet can be our best friend! If you have a question, the internet likely has an answer. Take advantage of online forums, blogs, and expert opinions online.
- Keep the stress in perspective- Even though selling your home can be challenging because of all the memories you created there, remind yourself this is part of the plan as you start a new chapter in your life.
Sell My House For Cash
We have a solution for you when it feels difficult and hopeless to sell your home. Sell your house for cash! House Guys is an excellent house-for-cash company that can help avoid stress. You can make this happen with four easy steps:
- Fill out our form or call us about your property at 816-892-2132.
- We will contact you to set up an appointment if it meets our buying criteria.
- We will present you with a fair-priced, written, no-obligation offer.
- We will close at a local title company, and you will receive the cash in as few as seven days!
Visit us at our House Guys website to learn more.
We hope you have learned more about surviving the house-selling process and wish you luck!