Selling Your House for the First Time? Here’s What You Should Know.
We know how difficult it can be to sell your home when you’re a first-time home seller. You may be thinking, “Can someone just buy my house right now, please?” It can be an overwhelming process when you don’t even know where to start. Don’t worry! Selling your home is nothing to be afraid of and we’re here to help.
Here are the top things you should know as a first-time home seller:
- How you are going to sell your property
- The step-by-step process of selling your home
- How to make it more appealing to a potential home buyer
First of all, start with nailing down how you want to go about selling your house. Will you use a real estate agent? Will you go for the sale-by-owner route and do it yourself? Maybe you’ll sell your house for cash. It’s also important to know the process of selling a home. This will make your life so much easier if you are always aware of the next steps. The last crucial thing you should know is how to make your home captivating to home buyers. We’ll share some tips to help you with the process.
Options for Selling Your Home
First thing’s first, you’ll need to determine how you want to sell your property. Assess your current situation and decide the best route for you to sell your home. To do so, you’ll need to know what the options are:
- Use a real estate agent
- For sale by owner (FSBO)
- Sell your home for cash to an investor or a home solutions company like House Guys USA
There are pros and cons to each option, so it’s important to understand what each choice entails and what will best suit your needs.
Traditional Sale: Real Estate Agent
Using a real estate agent to sell your home is a popular approach due to the agent’s expertise. As the seller, even though real estate agents cost you 5-6% of the home sale value, they market your home, give you tips for small renovations, coordinating open houses and private showings, stage your home, negotiate with potential buyers, take care of the necessary legal documents, and so much more; leading you to sell your property fast and make a profit.
For Sale By Owner Route
If you choose to take the FSBO route, you are choosing to sell your house on your own. While this may sound appealing because there are no fees, you should consider the time and effort it will take. Think back to everything a real estate agent does for you during this process, and now picture doing all of that yourself. If you’re ready and willing to take on this process, this option may be for you.
“House for Cash” Company
Another option to consider is selling your home for cash. A home solutions company, like House Guys USA, might be just what you need to sell your home easily and sell your home fast. If you’ve found yourself in challenging circumstances, such as foreclosure, or if you own a bothersome property and need to get rid of it, this is the option for you. House Guys USA is a family-owned business based in Kansas City that focuses on helping homeowners get back on track by buying your home for cash, hassle-free.
The Step-by-Step Process to Sell Your House
Steps to Sell Your Home the Traditional Way
When you are preparing to sell your property, it’s important to know how it works. Always being aware of the next steps will ease your mind during this process. Rocket Mortgage, a mortgage loan provider, sums up 10 steps to sell your home:
- Hire a listing agent (if you decide to go this route)
- Determine your listing price
- Be conscious of how long it will take to sell
- Make necessary repairs and stage your home
- List your home
- Market and make home buyers aware your house is available
- Settle on an offer
- Prepare for the cost of selling
- Gather your documentation
- Close on the sale
Steps to Sell Your Home for Cash, Quickly
You could always choose to sell your house fast to a “house for cash” company, like House Guys USA. We buy houses in Kansas City and do it hassle-free. Here’s how it works:
- Fill out our form or call us about your property
- If it meets our buying criteria, we’ll get in touch with you and set up an appointment
- We’ll propose a fair-priced, written offer that’s obligation-free
- We close at a local, reputable title company
It really is that simple. Because we pay cash for your home, we’re able to close quickly and with no fees involved. When you work with us, you don’t need to worry about repairs or cleaning up your property. We do it for you. Sell your home easy, sell your home fast, and sell your home for cash with House Guys USA.
Want to Sell Your Property Fast? Here Are Tips to Make Your Home More Appealing to Buyers
Even if you’re not looking to renovate your home completely, sometimes it’s the little things you can do that will attract potential buyers and help accelerate the selling of your home. Consider these tips to help sell quickly:
- A fresh coat of paint – Something as simple as freshly painted walls in the interior of your home, can give off a new feeling. Pick a neutral color, like a nice grey or beige, to depersonalize the walls. The goal is to help potential buyers be able to picture themselves living in your home.
- Step up your curb appeal – You don’t have to do anything extravagant, but cleaning up your landscaping and keeping up with the lawn can make a big difference. The exterior of your home is the first thing people see, so you’ll want to make a good impression on potential buyers.
- Declutter and clean – Keeping things cleaned and decluttered during this process is crucial. An article from Investopedia states that clean home signals to buyers that you take care of your home. Clutter may be distracting to potential buyers, and it can also make your home appear to have less space.
Sell Your Home Quickly and Make it Hassle-Free
You may choose to sell your house as-is and leave the burden of refurbishing to someone else. Consider selling your home for cash in Kansas City to House Guys USA. We understand the need to get rid of troublesome properties, so we provide a solution to sell your home easily and sell your home for cash. If you want to find out more, give us a call at 816-892-2132 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.